Effective December 15th, 2023
For purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018, The Sixth House is the controller.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Services, we (and our service providers) may collect Information in the following categories:
- “Personal Information,” which means information that identifies you (whether directly or indirectly), such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and payment card information. For purposes of the GDPR, also includes personal data as such term is defined under the GDPR; and
- “Non-Personal Information,” which means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, you.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect and use certain Information from or about you:
- We collect Information you provide to us when you: register or create an account; request assistance from our customer support team; complete contact forms, request newsletters or other information, or participate in contests and surveys; make public contributions to the Service, such as interacting with third parties through the Service or submit a product review; or purchase services or products or otherwise participate in activities we promote that require information about you.
- We use a third party payment processor, Braintree, to process payments on our behalf and therefore if you make a payment through the Services, your payment card information is stored by Braintree, not us. For more information about Braintree's data storage and privacy terms, please visit their website braintreepayments.com. For more information on third party websites and platforms, see “Third Party Websites and Links.”
- We collect Information automatically when you use and interact with the Service, such as through unique identifiers (such as IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier), which may include the following: your general activity on the Service, including your viewing history and search activity, anonymized session identifier, website traffic volume, frequency of visits and type and time of transactions you initiate through the Service, information regarding your interaction with email messages (such as whether you opened, clicked on or forwarded an email message), the type and settings of the device, operating system, and browser used to access the Service; your geographic location (note that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings); and other information gathered through cookies and similar technologies, which are discussed further in our Cookie Declaration.
- We collection Information from third parties, such as our service providers and business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management, such as to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you, account management, hosting, customer and technical support, and other services which we use to personalize your Service experience.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The ways in which we may use your information include the following:
- To provide you with the Service and administer your account;
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and respond to questions, comments or other requests and provide you with technical support, or contact you for feedback or conduct research about The Sixth House’ customer base or Service;
- To optimize or improve the content, products, services and features of the Services;
- To personalize and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal, and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Service;
- To provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- To provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and personalized content);
- To process payments and provide you with the services you have paid for or requested;
- notify you of technical updates or changes in policy;
- To process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfill any related awards or discounts;
- To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including, aggregate statistics about use of the Service and other functions;
- analyze and develop our marketing strategy; and
- To monitor and analyze the Service usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Service.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information about you with the following third parties:
- Service providers: We share your Personal Information as necessary for any third party to provide services associated with the Service, including to provide measurement and analytic services. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your Personal Information for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for. This does not apply to SMS messaging.
- Advertisers and Third Party Marketing Partners: We share Personal Information with third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes and we allow advertisers and third-party marketing partners to collect and use information they need to confirm that their ads are properly served and to measure the success of their campaigns on websites and apps. This does not apply to SMS messaging. These partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit other related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third-party advertising and marketing partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in the Section entitled “Legal Basis for Processing Your Information and Your Controls”.
- Business Partners and Affiliates. We may disclose your Personal Information to our business partners and affiliates with whom we have contracted to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you. For example, your Personal Information may be shared with business partners with whom we jointly offer products and services. This does not apply to SMS messaging. We require our business partners and affiliates to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information they obtain on our behalf.
- Other Users: information in product reviews you post will be accessible to other users of the Service.
- Others with Your Consent: We may ask for your explicit consent to share certain Information with third parties.
We may also share Information about you in the following contexts:
- To enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties, to comply with legal process, including judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation.
- With our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, or in connection with the sale of our business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings).
- We may share certain Non-Personal Information, including anonymized and aggregated data sets, to third parties to the extent not prohibited by and/or in accordance with applicable law. We may share such Non-Personal Information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising to the extent permitted by law.
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING
Certain features of the Service permit you to initiate interactions between the Service and third-party services or platforms, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access The Sixth House’ pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, and from there to “like” or “share” our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party’s collection and/or use of your data. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both The Sixth House and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Website and the third-party service. For more information on third-party websites and platforms, see Section entitled, “Third Party Websites and Links.”
Our Service may integrate with social sharing features or other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Service with other apps, sites or media, and vice versa. These features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing site.
DO NOT TRACK SETTINGS
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. The Service does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” from a visitor’s browser. For more information, please visit our Cookie Declaration here.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR CONTROLS
We process Information in accordance with our legitimate interests to understand how you use our Service and customize the content you see on the Service, improve and develop our Services and conduct product development, to measure and understand the effectiveness of our Services and to communicate with you.
We will use your Information to meet our contractual obligations to you including to enforce our terms and conditions and policies.
- Please note that the Service may contain links to unaffiliated third-party sites. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- You can adjust your privacy settings by following the appropriate links on our Service or by contacting us. If you receive an email from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
- The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/andwww.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Service or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
SMS/ TEXT MESSAGES
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
The Service may contain links to other online platforms operated by third parties. We do not control such other online platforms and are not responsible for their content, their privacy policies, or their use of your Personal Information. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators except as disclosed on the Service.
Please keep in mind that Information you post on public or semi-public venues, including Information you share on third party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Service and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. When you provide Information to a third-party online platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by that third-party. The Information the third-party online platform collects is subject to the third-party online platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you make on the third-party online platform will not apply to our use of the Information we collect directly through our Services.
DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
You can update or correct Personal Information by accessing your account. You can also access or request to delete your Personal Information by sending an email to email@example.com with your first name, last name, and the respective email addresses you would like for us to delete. Please note that we have the right to reject deletion requests that are unduly burdensome or repetitive or that cannot be honored in light of legal obligations or ongoing disputes, or where retention is necessary to enforce our agreements or protect our or another party’s rights, property, safety, or security.
The Service is not directed to children under 16 and children under 16 are not permitted to use the Service. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, please contact us via the information provided below firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Information you send to use electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. Please be aware that, we take commercially reasonable measures to protect Personal Information we maintain from unauthorized access, but no method of data transmission over the internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, notwithstanding the measures that we take to your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may act, depending on the circumstances, as either or both a Controller and a Processor of Personal Information (as these terms are defined in the GDPR). We act as the Controller of information that we ask you to provide to create an account and information that we automatically collect when you use the Service. [We act as the Processor of user-generated content and information provided to us by third parties or other websites.EEA users have the right to request access to Personal Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct their Personal Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Service account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact us at email@example.com for additional assistance.
If you have any further questions regarding our privacy practices or information about you, please feel free to contact us at:
The Sixth House
Address: 168 Boston Post Road, Suite 4 Madison CT 06443